You are here

Health & Emergencies

In an emergency that threatens life or safety always call 999 and ask for fire service, police or ambulance. 



Accident & Emergency – call 999.  Urgent Medical Advice - call 111 Minor Injury Units and First Aid Units - are for injuries, such as deep cuts, eye injuries, broken bones, severe sprains, minor head injury, minor burns and scalds. For more details on these services see Minor Injuries Unit / First Aid Units. Urgent dental services For patients without a regular dentist who have a dental...
Weight: -50
In an emergency dial 999 and for medical advice dial 111 Abingdon Community Hospital, Marcham Road OX14 1AG includes Minor Injuries Unit - see advice sheet below about using the MIU. Care for the staff who care for you with only essential appointments then respecting social distance, mask and any other current guidance. No medical services are open to walk in enquiries. Health Centres Long...
Weight: -44
Non-emergencies 101 Use this number to report a non-emergency crime or to give information to Thames Valley Police. Call 999 in an emergency. Call 0044 1865 841148 to contact Thames Valley Police from outside of the United Kingdom. If you prefer, use the non-emergency reporting form for non-emergency crimes or incidents. In an emergency 999 Use this number to report emergencies. Always call 999...
Weight: 10
Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Service – call 999 in an emergency. The Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Service is run by Oxfordshire County Council and provides the following services: Fire & Rescue Service Crime & Prevention Emergency Planning Road Safety Further information can be found for all the above services on
Weight: 12
Flood Defences, Flood Warnings and Flood Emergencies are co-ordinated by the Environment Agency. For more information and the opportunity to register for Flood Warnings, click here. The Environment Agency are responsible for the management of classified main rivers and this includes the Ock as well as the Thames. There are several volunteer Flood Action Groups in Abingdon-on-Thames. Such groups...
Weight: 15
The town council will deal with emergencies that are related to their areas of responsibility, which can be checked in the Council Services Guide. During the town council’s opening hours please call 01235 522642 or email – clearly indicating in the email heading the urgency of your request and the issue, and out of hours please use the emergency number which is 01235...
Weight: 20
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Back to Top